PALFINGER asked its contractual partners (in the case of direct sales to the end customer) a guarantee on their own products. In the event of a resale, which PALFINGER owns its contractual partner and the guaranteed warranty conditions and the end customer as minimum standard contracts and warranty processing. The following guarantee conditions apply to PALFINGER rights:
1) Guarantee and warranty periods
PALFINGER grants the contractual partner the following guarantee and warranty periods (excluding wear parts):
- PALFINGER grants the contractual partner a guarantee and warranty period of 12 months on the entire device (full guarantee)
- b) For selected markets agreed with the sales channel:
PALFINGER grants the contractual partner a guarantee and warranty period of 24 months for the entire device (full guarantee).
If the claim is made after the 12th month, a copy of the UVV test carried out by the authorized PALFINGER partner (or a predefined, adequate certificate) as well as proof of the services carried out must be enclosed.
Tests by DEKRA, TÜV or other unauthorized partners are not accepted.
- c) In addition, PALFINGER grants the contractual partner a 5-year material guarantee (only material value, no labor) on load-bearing components if the product is correctly registered by the end customer at PALFINGER. The link to this can be found in the product documentation.
This does not include damage to the coating, paintwork or components mounted on the load-bearing component.
2) Start of guarantee
The guarantee and warranty period begins with the handover to the end customer, but no later than 3 months after delivery by PALFINGER to the contractual partner.
3) Structural parts
Load-bearing parts are the following components that are not subject to natural wear:
- Mounting plates
- Platform brackets
- torsion frame
- Main beam
4) Wear parts
Wear parts are parts that are subject to natural wear and tear due to use; Material defects and assembly errors do not count as wear and tear.
Wear parts are particularly defined as follows:
- Ball and roller bearings
- Bearing foils and bearing bushes
- Electrical fuses, battery disconnectors
- Permanently mounted warning lights including lamps
- Sticker / Coating / Painting
- Protective hoses, bellows, protective tubes
- Rubber element for foot controls
- Warning markings (warning flags)
- Missing / lost support tube cover
5) Other requirements
for the assertion of guarantee claims against PALFINGER are:
- a) the professional assembly of the PALFINGER product in accordance with the PALFINGER assembly guidelines. The contractual partner shall not be entitled to any claims against PALFINGER for inadequacies in the PALFINGER product that may be related to non-compliance with the PALFINGER installation guidelines.
- b) Compliance with and proper documentation of the prescribed service intervals according to the service manual or operating manual. If the prescribed service intervals are not adhered to, all claims are excluded, insofar as inadequacies may be related to this.
- c) the use of original spare parts obtained through the PALFINGER sales channel. If third-party parts are installed, the contractual partner is not entitled to any guarantee or warranty claims.
- d) The vehicle operator must immediately report a defect in writing as soon as it appears or have it identified and reported by an authorized PALFINGER partner.
- e) Any work that is required when the vehicle is ready to drive is always carried out by an authorized PALFINGER partner in the workshop.
6) Guarantee and warranty claims
Or any other liability for damage or defects in the PALFINGER product for the following reasons are excluded:
- a) force majeure;
- b) improper handling of the PALFINGER product;
- c) improper use of the PALFINGER product;
- d) unauthorized changes to the PALFINGER product or its electronic or hydraulic settings;
- e) improper repair of the PALFINGER product;
- f) inadequate or incorrect maintenance of the PALFINGER product; i.e. not according to the specifications of the service plan; see test book or operating manual;
- g) The contractual partner’s own negligence or the negligence of third parties
- h) Failure to follow product improvement programs prescribed by PALFINGER;
- i) Disregard of the operating instructions.
- j) Repair of parts or groups of parts not authorized by PALFINGER or its authorized contractual partners
- k) Damage to parts not included in the scope of delivery
- l) Lost and Missing Parts
- m) Consequential damage in general
- n) Failure to promptly request repairs
- o) Violence and external influence of any kind
- p) The customer did not report a defect or had it recorded
7) Acceptance of deficiencies
On the basis of its obligations as a dealer, the PALFINGER dealer must accept every defect, carry out the guarantee and warranty work and submit the guarantee application to PALFINGER.
8) Granting of guarantee rights
The granting of further guarantee rights by the contractual partners is of course possible. However, PALFINGER is not directly responsible for these further rights vis-à-vis the end customer. In particular, PALFINGER assumes no liability for lost profit, mere pecuniary damage and consequential damage caused by defects (e.g. lost earnings, standing time, mileage allowance, installation and removal costs for the product, transport costs, lost profit, transfer costs, replacement vehicle, etc.) or other indirect or indirect damage.
The above presentation does not represent a guarantee or any other legally binding promise by PALFINGER to the end customer or other persons, but merely serves to inform the individual guarantee rights regularly granted by PALFINGER to its contractual partners on different legal bases.
Inspection, maintenance, service
Statutory inspections, regular maintenance and correctly performed servcie contribute to a high level of operational safety and service life of the product. The following chapter describes these activities.
1) Definition of terms
In this context, PALFINGER defines the following terms
- inspection (also review)
- Periodic review
- Regular service
2) inspection (also verification)
An inspection is a visual and physical examination of a product based on a
specific directive (inspection list) is carried out. Inspections can take place at any time
be done, but at least after major repairs, such as replacing a main component. As a rule, inspections are carried out by authorized PALFINGER partners.
3) Periodic review
“Periodic reviews” are required by law in various countries
and are carried out in compliance with national regulations by authorized bodies or in the presence of state-sworn auditors.
These checks confirm that the product still complies with the legal requirements and can continue to be used.
The number and period of the reviews depend on the applicable regulations and laws. A pending review is to be arranged by the customer in any case.
In the Federal Republic of Germany there is a requirement to have an accident prevention inspection carried out once a year by an authorized body (PALFINGER partner).
PALFINGER defines maintenance as those regularly necessary activities which are carried out by
Operator or another person specified by the operator to keep the machine ready for operation.
- a) cleaning
Cleaning of the device with the help of suitable means (high pressure cleaner)
- b) visual inspection
Check for damage, leaks, tolerances, missing parts, abnormalities
- c) Functional test
Check that all operating, warning and safety devices are working correctly
- d) greasing
Lubricate all moving parts at the lubrication points provided
5) Regular service
PALFINGER defines service as those activities that are carried out by authorized PALFINGER
Partners to keep the machine operational. The activities are to be carried out regularly according to the prescribed service intervals. Service may also be necessary after a machine breakdown or an accident; this is known as an unplanned workshop visit.
In principle, regular service work is to be arranged by the customer. PALFINGER stipulates the following service intervals:
- For single-shift operation: every 12 months
(usually in the course of the legal review)
- In two-shift operation: every 6 months
- In three-shift operation: every 4 months
Service work must be carried out in accordance with the PALFINGER service and inspection list and documented in this book.
PALFINGER recommends that only authorized PALFINGER service partners be commissioned to carry out this.